If a bibliophile reads, admires and collects books what do you call a person who reads, admires and collects quotes?
I really don't know the correct term, if there is any or if not quodophile. So if you know, it would be very helpful to share it here.
I have been collecting quotes for a year now.
Whenever I am reading, whether a book or articles on the internet, I always have a pen, a notebook or a notepad ready, whichever is needed. I also take down lines from movies. I just love them! So here is the latest on my list, which, by the way, is getting bigger. They are not in any particular order of significance because each of them is great.
- Right is right even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong even if everyone is for it.William Penn
- I object to violence because when it appears to do good the good is temporary, but the evil it does is permanent. Mahatma Gandhi
- That service is the noblest which is rendered for its own sake. Mahatma Gandhi
- The earth's crust has a skin disease, a case of microbes infecting its crust, & that sickness is MAN. Peter Flawn
- Time is free but it is priceless. You can’t own it but you can use it. You can’t keep it but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back. Harvey MacKay
- Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be. Eleanor Roosevelt
- The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. A. A. Milne
- Bureaucrats write memoranda both because they appear to be busy when they are writing and because the memos, once written, immediately become proof that they were busy. Charles Peters
- Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival. C.S. Lewis
- There are people who, instead of listening to what is being said to them, are already listening to what they are going to say themselves. Albert Guinon
- Live a good life. If there are gods & they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
- When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong. Richard Dawkins
Great Lines From Movies
- Your Majesty, my task is completed now. My decision will cause the deaths of many and Your Majesty will live on. A dead man begs you to remember; a warrior's ultimate act is to lay down his sword. Nameless, Hero
- Kill a few people, they call you a murderer. Kill a million and you're a conqueror. Eric Qualen, Cliffhanger
- They say that a man with revenge in his heart should dig two graves. One for his enemy and one for himself. I guess mine's just gonna have to wait. Jonah Hex
- You know what's the worst thing about somebody breaking up with you? It's when you remember how little you thought about the people you broke up with and you realize that is how little they're thinking of you. You know, you'd like to think you're both in all this pain but they're just like "Hey, I'm glad you're gone". Jesse, Before Sunrise
- I had been waiting so long to run free, but that goodbye was harder than I ever imagined. I'll never forget that boy and how we won back our freedom together. Spirit, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
- You can't fill a glass that is already full. Avatar
- Lynn Mills: Have you no religion? Have you no God?